Thursday, July 23, 2009

Where's my fammily??

We had more visitors this past week, and again it was GREAT!! This time we had our Aunt Sissie (I'm not allowed to call her Shari...'that's NOT her name, mama!!'), Gruncle Chris (when you're a great uncle, that's the name you get, only cause you're that great :)), cousins Izzie-bell and Nick and their wonderful friends, Kayla and Sam. So it was 6 extra people at the house, but it was awesome. Really awesome. Houseguests who cook breakfast for you EVERY morning (homemade pancakes, waffles, bacon--note to self, don't eat 8 pieces really fast cause heartburn will ensue, homemade muffins, sausage), cook fabulous alfredo (yummmm...so glad I have lots of leftovers!), and then on top of everything else...CLEAN the night before they leave--EVEN THE BATHROOM! FAB-U-LOUS!!!! The kids were great, I can't believe their energy. They played with the kids nonstop, taught Cash new words, Mabelle a new song, Mabelle new tap steps (thanks to the dancer, Miss Kayla), played games, helped with stories/bedtime/swimming...I mean, anything you can think of they were doing it!! It's wonderful to have kids visit who love to hang and play with the babies, and even help take care of them (diaper changes, potty breaks included!). I really can't brag on the kids enough...they were great!! You can see how involved they were in the slideshows below.

And then the itenerary in a nutshell....it was a busy, busy week!
Wed, arrived;
Thurs, lots of shopping & Cirque show for the big kids;
Fri, Planet Hollywood shopping, swimming, Fray concert;
Sat, gymnastics, Red Rock Canyon, gambling for the adults while the kids babysat;
Sun, Mirage Dolphin habitat, Silverton/Bass Pro lunch, swimming, David Copperfield show (where Kayla was pulled on stage!!);
Mon, Nick got tattooed, swimming;
Tues, Hoooover Dam and swimming..and another night of Alfredo;
Wed, left at 530 am...with a send off from Cash :)

And I know I forgot a ton of things...but here's the slideshows...one for pictures from hanging at the house and one for being out and about.

3 comments:

eliseschnarr said...

So much fun! Busy week..but sometimes those are the best with the fam!

Mabelle Grace said...

The pics are great! Sounds like a wonderful trip/visit. I remember when they were little babies hanging out when the boys played ball or at Jason's b-day parties- wow- I'm OLD!!
Hey, they come to Wville a lot- if they're ever bored send them over I could use some good cooking/cleaning/babysitting!!!
-Courtney

tracyvanhorne said...

The price you pay for moving to Vegas... and getting a house with a pool... I'm pretty sure that was in the fine print when you moved ;) Now, when can I come stay at Hotel Tritten? It's getting rave reviews and I must come see for myself.