Friday, December 14, 2007

33 Weeks, and BIG update!

Wednesday I had my regular doctor appointment, all looked well. I'm measuring large (on average 1-2 weeks ahead), and the doc thinks this child will be AT LEAST 8-9lbs..Mabs was 7lbs5oz at 41 weeks...so that freaked me out a bit (and proves that I'm much LARGER this time than with Mabs). I've only gained 23 lbs. I also talked to my doc about all these contractions I've been having for about 2 weeks, she said we'd check things out in 2 weeks. And to call if I had more than 4-6 in an hour and they didn't go away with rest and water.

Sssssoooooooooooooo, I started paying attention to them, by counting them and resting. I figured out I have a TON throughout the day (some painful, som just tightening), anywhere from 8-15 in an hour! I tried to relax more after Jason got home, and they wouldn't stop, so I called the doc (LOL! I was resisting). I had to go to the hospital to get observed for a couple of hours (by myself, since Jason had to stay home with Mabs). Turns out, I've started dialating (only a fingertip), but my cervix is not thinning--so I'm ok for now. I'm suppposed to just "take it easy"...no bedrest....YET!

Anyhoo...my c-section is scheduled for Jan. 25th, but with this ornery little guy, I guess we could go sooner. And funny sidenote, I was a fingertip dialated with Mabs at 39 weeks...and never really got much more until I was induced. So this kinda freaks me out.


Not the greatest pics...but with all this rest, it's tough to get up and get purty for my pictures ;)

3 comments:

tracyvanhorne said...

I still think you look purdy! Get some rest ok!!

eliseschnarr said...

you just tell that boy to slow his roll!! whenever it happens, i know i am pumped to have a new nephew!! TRY TO GET SOME REST!!!!

justheather said...

honey love, he's already causing trouble...i'm here for ya:)