Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The Secret Masterpiece that went ka-plooey!


So we painted the pumpkins black, and then I painted the letters on them...and was waiting to add the glow in the dark paint to just the letters. I hot-glued them together, because everyone said a dowel rod thru them, would make them a goopy mess. Well, then they wouldn't stand up by themselves, because they leaned. Ugh! So I propped them against the counter, so that I could think of a good way to get them to stand on their own. TWO days went by...and I went to move them...MOLDY MESS! The mold had went thru the 2 dish towels I had them propped up against!! The final result would've sat in a silver bucket, glowed, and looked oh-so-cute on my porch. Oh well, maybe I'll figure it out by next year. Still don't know how they molded, they weren't punctured or anything!

2 comments:

tracyvanhorne said...

Looks really good even if it didn't work out... there is always next year, right?

eliseschnarr said...

the do look good. a couple of our pumpkins have already molded and they haven't been cut either!