Sunday, December 21, 2008

Santa Claus Is Coming to Town!!

Mabelle's first recital...success! Here's the short lowdown...I dropped her off at 10am (yes, I left her with strangers for 5 hrs), Cash and I went to the van to hang out for 5 hrs (HAHAHAHA...funny but very true), recital started at 3ish, she went on stage & danced, and at 430pm we got to pick her up! Here's that story in pictures :)

Getting her mandatory pink blush and red lipstick.
"I'm so excited for my blush and lipstick, Mama!! What's blush?"

Blushed and beautiful.

My painted baby! And Cash supervising.

"Am I pretty, Daddy?"

Our little dancer.

Wanted her pic by the Christmas tree with her hair in her face "like Taylor Swift".

The next round of pics are courtesy of the volunteer mom who stayed with our kids from 10am-3pm while they rehearsed and hung out awaiting the recital. Other non-volunteer parents were not allowed in at all.

Mabelle patiently waiting to rehearse.

Group pics...of course, Mabelle's xl hat is off and its the back of her head we're seeing.
Looking sooo tired, it was a long day with no nap.Practicing their bows with their teacher, Miss Amanda (Mabs is on the far right end, bows are her thing).
Another group pic with Mabelle turned around.
Class picture, and Mabelle is not ready for her close-up!
Yup...proof....5 hours in the parking lot in the v-ride!! Cash was quite the trooper, he had a blast. The only other anal mom who stayed at the library theater (it was ok to go in the library, but not the theater) hung out with me in the van for about an hour (after she and her baby were harassed in the library). It was a not-so-great neighborhood (I counted 11 homeless waiting to get in the library before it opened), the other mom had friends who lived around there and I totally trusted her opinion on not leaving our kids there. Anyways, not so bad...and me & Jason felt better with me being 2mnts away.
And the recital starts!
She came out, and was doing her dance PERFECT.....backwards!! HAHAHA! The audience loved it, and she was fine. Until a teacher came out, put her hat back on and turned her around...
Then she just watched her class do the dance, and sang "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" loudly...she loves to sing :)
I think the other girls throw her off, and she gets distracted watching them, she performed backwards at her dance studio too.
It was a big day for her, and I'm so proud that she never had a meltdown, wasn't naughty when she was alone, and that she got on stage and had fun!! Having fun is what it's all about :)
AND, I'm hoping to get a video of the performance to upload...stay tuned!

7 comments:

Jenifer said...

OMG....I dont even know where to start. That is seriously the cutest thing ever! Love her posing like Taylor Swift (LOL), her dancing backwards, and her costume is ADORABLE!Glad she had a blast and I cant wait for video! Your such a good mama to wait for her for 5 hours too!!

tracyvanhorne said...

VERY cute pictures! I agree, what a good Mama for waiting 5 hours with the homeless dudes :)

justheather said...

AWWWW!!! What a big girl, all alone and did such a great job! And I'm so proud of you too, how hard that must have been...5 hours in the van! LOL I can't wait for the video!!!!!

eliseschnarr said...

So much fun! LOL at her dancing backwards...silly teacher for messing up her flow! I am loving the blush and lipstick - at least there wasn't mandatory blue eye shadow too:)

.:Heather:. said...

SO ADORABLE! I love the makeup pics, and the backwards dancing, and you & Cash in the van for 5 hours!!! WHAT did you do!??!?

Mabelle Grace said...

Mabelle looks so adorable in her costume looks like she had a great time.Dancing backwards it's hard to keep up with everybody. Gramdma Teresa

Goms said...

so ADORABLE!!! Love the backward dancing :-) glad she had fun which was the point! How did you entertain Cash for 5hrs in the van??