Friday, October 24, 2008

Elise's Baby Shower!!

The reason for the visit to Missouri: Heather and I threw Elise a fab-u-lous baby shower! Here's some pics from it (just 23ish pictures, and i narrowed them down quite a bit...thanks Chris for the disc!!). We all traveled from all over to get to Waynesville for the shower, us from Vegas, Elise & Dave from Nashville and many friends and family from all over Missouri. Let me tell you about being overweight with my luggage with my decorating stash and gifts...sweating bullets! But thank goodness for the internet, and having things sent to Liz's house. Heather took care of quite a bit right there in Waynesville too...yay!!

Hostesses and the Preggers ;)
...aka, Heather, Elise and me!
Me (looking god-awful) finishing the last penant banner...and Cash begging for attention (cause he got none all weekend!).
The elegant diaper cake...flowers, ribbon and diapers. We had planned on 3 diaper cakes, but only had enough diapers for 2...It was easier than I thought. Turned out way cute for my first diaper cake!
Decorations...onesie banner, both diaper cakes, and buckets 'o' onesies.

The Parents-to-be....Weezer and Dave.

My little bundle.

Uncle-to-be working hard. Doesn't he look thrilled??
Papa and Weezer.

Posing Izzie-belle and Sissy...I don't have a pic of Mimi, well I do, but don't think she'd like her rear posted on the blog...

Elise with the best penant stringers, hangers, and favor bag makers ;)...Noelle and Izzie-bell.
Everyone's working hard on the food (I don't do food...too hard, so cuddling with my grumpy baby).
The polka dot brownies, and brownie balls...complete with white frosting and pink/green sugar! Notice the amazing rose arrangement (Sissy did those, about 100 of them...so sweet!)

The Gift Diaper Cake..of course we bought too many things for it, but it turned out way cute!
Some of the super impressive food...blew my mind!
Before the shower...my super happy, always smiling child caught a bug and was grumpy from this point til we got back home to Vegas.
Elise getting ready for gift-opening time!
Noelle working hard on the food...and Izzie-bell posing.
Putting the Daddy-t0-be to work too...I bet its hard for a Chef to sit back and let others cook...
Mabelle LOVES her Izzie-bell, and has a shirt to prove it!
Presenting the BOOBIE BASKET!! A breastfeeding support basket...complete with a set of her very own crocheted boobies (thanks, Jenifer!!)!
Part of the spread...pre-crowd!

The polka dot brownies :)

Some more of the food...YUM!
Thanks for everyone who helped prepare and who came to celebrate the upcoming addition to the family! It was a wonderful party (complete with a HUGE turn-out and lots of gifts...which the pictures I have of gift-opening are not very flattering to some of the people in them, so I chose to omit them...bad angles...lol). Anyways...we can't wait to meet the new baby girl!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

it is like i was there!!! the cakes turned out nice!

justheather said...

Yay! Fun times, go glad you omitted those gift pics, I'm sure I was in some of the not so good ones;) I tell people to say 1-2-3 and then I'll be cute...duh:) LOL

.:Heather:. said...

What an amazingly gorgeous shower! :)

I love you with your penants & boobie basket! :)

eliseschnarr said...

love the pics...and it was amazing! i think we have some double pics on our blogs, but thats okay...i'm sure everyone can't get enough of us!! LMAO

shari b. said...

I want pictures of Mabelle in her most favorite shirt ever!!!!

lol
Izzie-bell :)

tracyvanhorne said...

What a great shower Tracy! You guys did a great job! I love Jen's homemade boobies! HAHAHAHA! :)

Karol said...

You all did a wonder job at the shower. Wish you had been here longer so we could visit!!!
Love you!!!!

Mabelle Grace said...

I have no clue how to leave comments- and they all show under the wrong name! Oops. The shower was amazing- you girls are so creative. I wish I had some of those brownies now!!

Logan said...

Very beautiful!! I love the breast feeding support basket! What a great idea!! The diaper cake was gorgeuos!
L

Jenifer said...

FANT-A-BU-LOUS! Great job Tracy!!!