Friday, October 31, 2008

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

When you have lemons...make lemonade!
So I REALLY wanted to make the kids a lemon and a lemon wedge (which is hard to talk up for a 3 year old to get excited about), so when she saw a witch in a sales ad, she was hooked. Begged to be a witch and said that Cash could be a lemon, not her (I was heartbroken). Thank goodness I hadn't started making them yet, but we switched, I found an adorable witch that I knew she'd love and off we went on that idea. We decided on The Wicked Witch of the East (from the Wizard of Oz that the house fell on, ruler of Munchkinland..with ruby slippers) and Cash would be a Lollipop Munchkin. Still cute, and in my range of do-able costumes (because of course, I would make both of the costumes...the ENTIRE costumes). Here's our inspirations:

And what we ended up with, Mabelle absolutely LOVED. It's a simple little dress, but she knew exactly who it was and how it transformed her. Too sweet. And Cash...well, he's just so good, he went along with whatever:
Yeah...we put gel in his hair and once again, he's in tights.
The munchkin wanted to eat the rocks.
And the mean Wicked Witch wanted his lollipop!
Hee hee.
She was a little grumpy after I woke her up from her nap, and holding this lollipop made her super happy.
She refused to let me bussel it, to show off her striped leggings and ruby slippers. She is OBSESSED with dresses touching the floor...so I made hers to touch the floor, with tulle to make it poofy.
Ready to go trick or treating...
I'm so happy with how the simply little dress turned out..SUPER impressed with my sleeves and cape (and covering the hat with the red fabric).
Trick or treating. Happy to see blowup decorations!
Hooking up with James to trick or treat. Isn't he an adorable Mickey??
Daddies in tow...ready to go!

Knock knock...TRICK OR TREAT!

12 comments:

.:Heather:. said...

Happy Halloween!

The costumes are adorable! I loooooove Cash's whole outfit! You are so talented!

Mabelle is the prettiest little wicked witch of the east I've ever seen! :)

Jenifer said...

Tracy, the costumes came out AMAZING! Good job! Mabelle looks great and Cash looks hilarious! Love his shoes!!

Anonymous said...

Great job (as always) on the costumes!!!
Love the shoes!!!

tracyvanhorne said...

WOW Tracy! You are so amazing! Those costumes are so cute! GREAT JOB!! :)

eliseschnarr said...

Soooo cute! Cashers makes the perfect lollipop man! And Mabelle with her ruby red slippers...I wouldn't expect anything less:)

Mabelle Grace said...

costumes look great. Mabelle and Cash look to be haveing a great time. grandma Teresa

Mabelle Grace said...

The costumes look great nice job. Mabelle and Cash are so sweet.xoxoxo. Grandma Teresa

justheather said...

YAY! They look SOOOO good! You are awesome:) I LOVE Cashers shoes! Too funny!!

Logan said...

Sooo...soooo....cute! I love them! And from a scholared wizard of oz graduate (lol), you did an excellent job!! I love the fisherman and goldfish too! Too cute!

shari b. said...

Is there anything you can't do? Beautiful job on the fabric selection and the construction!!! Millie Brown would be so impressed!! I gotta tell you, Cash looks JUST LIKE the Lollipop King! Tell Mabelle, Sissy LOVED her beautiful dress!!

Goms said...

The costumes are fantastic and Mabs and Cash are just toooo cute! did you sew the entire dress all by yourself??

Mabelle Grace said...

Incredible costumes! I love the theme. I cherish the time while I still get to pick out the costumes. And I do love a boy in tights!! Connor has worn them the past two years- last years were striped. Looks like everyone had a great time.
Courtney