Thursday, August 27, 2009

Day 2..in a new shoe!

Day two was a little harder. It was a better morning for us, but on the drive she was a little apprehensive and quiet. And with Gwen Stefani and Pink playing...that's not normal. She told me several times that she thought preschool was toooo long. We get to school, she seems ok, just a little quiet and slow. Take her to her classroom, she kind of lingers holding my hand. I kiss her, tell her I'll be back after lunch and off she runs to play a puzzle. Shortly after, our friend (Charlotte's mommy) comes to me and tells me she was crying and asked her if she'd come and get me :( she diffused the situation by telling her I'd be back soon, after lunch and distracted with dance talk. YAY! When I picked her up she had sooo much to tell me about, so I'm pretty sure she had a great day. She has a new friend named Madison (who has a lunchbox with flowers, butterflies and ladybugs), she danced to Ariel music, did a spiderman puzzle, played on the computer, played outside (the slide was her favorite), wrote her name all by herself, had storytime with a Pooh book, and her favorite part of the day was drawing a heart for mommy and daddy. How sweet does that morning sound?!?

Here's the cutie...in her new Nikes :) She picked the outfit, head to toe. (her Sulley socks, princess crown braids, & even the lunchbox--which we got her on Tuesday while she was at school, it's Wall-E).
I love her face in this pic. She was excited and nervous about her 2nd day.

6 comments:

eliseschnarr said...

LOL at the description of her new friend, Madison! So glad she ended up having a great morning! And I love the shoes..super sassy!

PreK rocks:)

justheather said...

What a sweetie! I love how she literally tells you about her whole day! That is awsome, most kids can hardly remember the last activity they were doing let alone what they did all day! She's such a smarty:) And the outfit, too cute, like usual!

shari b. said...

Love, love, love the hair, outfit, socks, lunchbox, but most of all the shoes!! I bet she can run really fast in those!! What an exciting time for her!! love you
sissie

Karol said...

So glad to hear that the second day ended well!!! I'm sure that they will only get better and better!!!
Way to go Mabelle!!!!
PreK Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!

tracyvanhorne said...

Stunning, she is simply stunning!

Kristy said...

I am hearing a lot about Madison too! I met her the first day..she's the one who came right up and said "Hi! I'm Madison!" Charlotte remembers Hunter, Alexis, Anna, Jack, Madison, Mabelle and Andrew. I told her I would try to look at the list and help her remember the rest of her friends names next week!