Monday, September 29, 2008

One more party post...about our Princess.

The Princess. I didn't even explain her and the dress...it was my most stressful party planning part! The dress was from goodwill, $59.99....it was perfect, but VERY 80's, with long laced sleeves and a victorian collar...and 100% shiny, un-dyeable polyester (which I didn't realize, til AFTER I purchased it). So I enlisted our good friend Jime to airbrush it pink...he and Jason spent several hours in our garage (the night before he left for London!), airbrushing and graffiti spraypainting this hideous dress. At that point, I was soooo ready to cancel our sweet Cupcake Princess idea. I still hadn't done any alterations to it, and it was just so much work already for the guys. So the a couple of nights before the party, I pulled it in from the garage (where it had been airing out for days), and started cutting on it...I cut the victorian collar off (along with some weird beaded fringe), and then tried it on. Mimi and I then agreed, the long lace sleeves had to go. So I cut them off too. I dropped it off at my sweet friend, Ashley's (a lovely teen, introduced thru another mom that we playdate with), and said a prayer it would all look fine. When she arrived...OMG, she looked AMAZING!! Way better than I ever looked in the hideous dress, and the hideous dress magically turned into a beautiful Princess ballgown!! This sweet girl was so wonderful, and was soooo worth the small amount we paid her to come hang with the kids for an hour! Thanks again, Ashley!!!


Just an encore of the Cupcake Princess.


5 comments:

Jenifer said...

Such a good mama and daddy to do all that for their babys birthday!!!!!

Very cute :)

Karol said...

Wow! Just WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

justheather said...

WOW!!! I can't believe that dress is completly airbrushed and cut up:) You guys are awesome!! Is she gonna be on My Sweet 16 on MTV?? LOL

Goms said...

I thought the dress came as part of the princess service.. Cant believe you guys did so much prep work. wow! The dress is AMAZING!!!

eliseschnarr said...

can she come to the shower??? hahaha!! such a good idea!