Friday, January 16, 2009

Sibling love...can you guess the 4th photo caption??

Mabelle's new phase is to be someone else...it started with our friends newborn, baby Alaina. We'd hear "Mama, I'm baby Alaina." Then after a few times of that game, it turned to "Mama, I'm baby Cashy. I'm baby Cashy that can't talk. I'm a baby that walks, but can't talk. I'm baby Cashy, Mom." Although that sounds as cute as can be...after that being repeated to you about 20 times within a 3minute period, you will go nuts and say, "OK!!!!! I thought you were a baby who couldn't talk?!?" Now her being Cash is a-ok, except for the constant reminder of who she is (baby Cashy)....and that she is right on top of Cash, trying to mimic his every mood.....and that she does all the naughty things he likes to do, which causes him to follow her and do those naughty things (i.e. stair climbing, trash digging, practicing drums on the dogs, etc.).

This series of pics is from her being Cashy, a baby that can't talk. First photo..."Mama, I'm Cashy who doesn't talk."

"Okay, Mabelle" "I'm gonna watch Moose, like Cashy...but Mama, I'm a baby that can't talk!"

Photo 3... Trying to keep him right next to her.

Photo 4....YOU tell me what's happening here...leave a comment of your BEST guess :)
and p.s. Many psycho-analysts would say she's being baby Cashy out of jealousy, she wants attention (bologna, she gets more attention than britney spears shaving her head), or some psycho babble like that...but I know my sweet Princess Mabelle, and she wants to be a baby for 2 reasons:
1...so that she doens't get in trouble for doing naughty things, like babies don't get put in time-out or spankings, and
2...so she can do naughty things and get away with it :)

10 comments:

Jenifer said...

OMG! Hilarious!! Ok..caption.." Cashy, we are babies and we MUST sit here and watch this show. I said STAY and LOOK!" I know you give Mabes tons of attention so i would worry either ;)

Jenn said...

My guess is after she tried to get him next to her she gave up and was pushing him away thinking, "Fine, you don't want to sit next to me, MOVE! Now I'm the baby!" So funny those two!

eliseschnarr said...

So funny! I'm guessing that cash was over the TV and that was mabelle forcing him to watch:)

Karol said...

What a riot!! I am still laughing as I attempt to type my caption for #4: "Cashy, look at that. Watch Cashy, see?"
Poor, poor Mabs!! She does get to do anything or have anything at ALL! She has to beg for attention...I just feel so bad for her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or maybe it's you and J that I feel soo sorry for...let me ask my therapist!! LOL

Mabelle Grace said...

Obviously, she is bopping him on the head because he probably touched her--Mimi played this game 25 years ago with two other children!!!!!

justheather said...

LMAO at all the attention Mabs gets , LOVE the comparison!!! nope I wouldn't worry about it either, I was like that when I was little, that was the start of my baby obsession!! Okay final pic... We're done being babies together, now get away so I can watch Moose;) not that sweet, angel baby would do that, LOL

shari b. said...

Okay Mom, here's your psyco-babble from you Early Childhood expert: it is perfectly developmentally appropriate for Mabs to act/pretend like she is someone else!! Shows she is very healthy and on the upward continuum on the Zone of Proximal Development!!
Love you
sissy

eliseschnarr said...

LOL at my mom's comment. I have NO idea what 2 children she could be talking about...haha!

Tracy said...

Yay, Sissy!! Thanks for the good psycho-babble ;)

.:Heather:. said...

LOL, so sweet! Sage is into being other people too...mostly babies. No idea if it's a stage or b/c I'm pregnant...???