Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Playdo...

So instead of only playing playdo while Cashy is sleeping, I decided he was probably old enough to finally listen about not eating it...and a distraction of yummy food helped too! In one hand he munched on his pop tart and the other hand he smooshed, poked and threw the playdo. All while Mabelle made great masterpieces of various foods, snowmen, and animals. He loved to stack the canisters and knock them down, just as Mabelle did and he's doing so much better on his colors...he can now name (when he feels like it) blue, red, green, yellow, pink and purple. He's pretty consistent when you ask him (and he feels like it), many times he will ignore me and continue playing...because really who wants to stop playing for a pop quiz (and he's not a show-off). Hahahahaha!

Making spaghetti and vegetables
Showing you the gingerbread man he helped smoosh :)

He started smelling it all on his own...he would say "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew...uck"

A view of the playdo acitivites :)

7 comments:

Mabelle Grace said...

Awwwww so cute!!! I miss those cute kids!

love you all
Pat

eliseschnarr said...

I love playdo too!!! You should make cashy some playdo that smells good..like pumpkin or chocolate - yum! I always new Cashy was a silent smarty-pants:)

Tracy said...

Pumpkin scented?? Is this a teacher thing? I need a recipe, that sounds awesome!!

Jenifer said...

Awesome! I second the smell good play doh! It can be a hassle to make sometimes but it usually makes a big batch....at least the recipe I have. Maybe I need Elises..LOL.

Mabelle Grace said...

Tracy--love all the pictures. I will get my recipe for playdough to you. Add pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon for pumpkin.

eliseschnarr said...

My recipe for playdo is totally easy..then you just add food coloring and spices and you have a something completely new! I will look it up and send it to you!

justheather said...

Fun! And btw play-doh has a nice salty taste and smells darn good! LOL!!!

And yes I agree on the pumpkin play-doh, smells super yummy... which might make him want to eat it, that might need to be re-thought:)